Yale Image Finder

Search the actual image content of 1,538,051 (and growing!) Open Access images and figures from PubMed Central.

Advanced...

Related Figures

Fig. 2. The packing for (I).

Fig. 2. The packing for (I).

Fig. 2. The packing for (I).

Fig. 2. The packing for (I).

Fig. 2 Flowchart for the study

Fig. (5) The framework for MIRAGE.

Algorithm 1 Pseudocode for the backprojection.

Figure 1 Flowchart for the study.

Figure 1 Recruitment for the Survey.

Figure 1 Material for the study.

Figure 1: Forest plot for intelligence quotient (IQ) studies using the National Adult Reading Test (NART): standardised effects for patients with eating disorders (EDs) relative to the normative population (norm) group.

Image Text (High Precision): 0.53 0.72 1996 1998 2000 2004 2006 2007 2008 95 Bosanac Lopez Mathias Southgate Tchanturia Thompson dickson effect fowler kingston overall size study weight

Other Images from "Estimated intelligence quotient in anorexia nervosa: a systematic review and meta-analysis of the literature":

Figure 5 Begg's funnel plot with pseudo-95% confi...

Figure 1 Forest plot for intelligence quotient (I...

Figure 2 Forest plot for intelligence quotient (I...

Figure 3 Results of an influence analysis in whic...

Figure 4 Results of an influence analysis in whic...

[Full Text] [PDF]

Abstract

BackgroundIt has been hypothesised that people with anorexia nervosa have a higher intelligence quotient (IQ) level than the general population. The purpose of this review was to systematically appraise the research into reported IQ levels in people with anorexia nervosa.MethodsA search using the terms intelligence quotient, IQ, intelligence, cognition, eating disorders and anorexia was conducted in electronic databases only.ResultsIn all, 30 peer-reviewed studies written in English that used well established measures of intelligence quotient (the National Adult Reading Test and Wechsler Intelligence Scales) were identified. This review established that people with anorexia nervosa score 10.8 units and 5.9 units above the average intelligence quotient of the normative population on the National Adult Reading Test and Wechsler Intelligence Scales, respectively. An association was found between Body Mass Index and intelligence quotient, as measured by the National Adult Reading Test.ConclusionsMore studies including other eating disorder categories and recovered people are needed to explore important questions regarding the role of the intelligence quotient in treatment response.

Search: Image Text (High Recall) Image Text (High Precision) Caption Abstract Title Full Text

All images and content copyright their respective owners. All else copyright ©2007-2008, Krauthammer Lab, Yale University.

Sign up for Yale Image Finder announcements:

Email: